Weslaco Turkey Shoot Information & Rules
Turkey Shoots at Weslaco are meant to be lots of fun and fair for all. To that end, there are some rules that need to be followed, along with the normal safety rules. These rules are as follows:
- Safety is the number one priority at ALL Weslaco Events. All posted and non posted safety rules MUST be followed at all times.
- Eye and ear protection are mandatory on all shooting ranges, even during Turkey Shoots
- The lead in our shells is hazardous to your health. Please wash your hands before eating or going to the restroom.
- No loaded shotguns are permitted in the clubhouse
- All Trap ties will move from the 16 yard to the 24 yard line.
- Upone winning a Trap round you will be removed from all other Trap rounds and put into a winners only Trap round
- All Trap winners will shoot against winners in a winners only round.
- The winners will shoot from the 24 yard line. If there is a shoot off in a winners Trap, that will be from the 27 yard line.
- Treat every gun as if it is loaded.
- Maximum barrel length is 34"
- If something doesn't seem right on the trap fields or lucky tarket line, you witness an unsafe act, or if you feel something is not safe, PLEASE SPEAK UP IMMEDIATELY AND CALL A CEASE FIRE! It is better to be safe than sorry. Always think safety.
- Members are responsible for their guests at Turkey Shoots. Please ensure that they follow all Weslaco safety rules.
- Always listen to the range officer/puller/scorekeeper while on the trap field or lucky target line, they are the BOSS.
- Minimum Turkey Shoot Lucky Target choke diameter is .675". This will be checked before every event by Bill M.. If you are shooting a new gun, or an old gun with new chokes, it's wise to have Bill check your choke diameter BEFORE shooting. You'd hate to give back bacon wouldn't you?
- If there are any questions during a Turkey Shoot, please see the event chairman or his/her helpers for clarification.
- The event chairperson has the right to alter the prizes before or during an event. Don't be a winer, it's free stuff.